LINKSYSSMARTWIFI.COM SET UP :
An American company named Linksys develops hardware products of networking like routers, extenders for small businesses or home users. Some of the other products developed by the company includes VoIP equipment, Ethernet switches, audio visual products and wireless internet video cameras.
Router is one of the best way to connect to the internet. Linksys router can be used to connect multiple computers to the internet. We can connect the router wirelessly or through wires to our computer. Network cards are used to connect it wirelessly. Many ISPs (Internet Service Provider) use Linksys router these days to meet their needs. The most famous Comcast and Time Warner Cable of United States use Linksys router. An installer will be send to the user or client if he wants to use the Linksys router. You can purchase the router from different sellers to access the Internet. You can have it through online shop at lesser price compared to retailer shop. The benefit of using Linksys router is that it allows the user to connect more than one computer onto the same system. Other benefit of using the Linksys router is that its hardware can be found easily and it is easy to setup the Linksys router. You just have to follow the instructions from the official website of Linksys that is linksyssmartwifi.com to setup the router. And if you get any problem in accessing the website, you can take help from our expert by visiting our website.
Some features of Linksys routers are:
- 1. Dual band
- 2. Linksys smart WiFi
- 3. Ethernet ports of 4 gigabit
- It is compatible with almost all platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8 32/64, Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Setup for Linksys smart WiFi:
There is a smart setup inbuilt feature in the Linksys router. By using this feature it is very easy to setup Linksys router. No matter router is connected to the internet or in its default state, this smart setup works. This smart utility works on every Linksys router.
What you require before setting up the Linksys router:
A web browser. It can be latest Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer version for Windows Operating System. And for Mac or iPad it should be Safari. You also require Latest Adobe Flash Player.
- Ethernet cables ( 1 to 2)
- A computer with Ethernet port or a wireless computer
- Linksys Smart WiFi router
- Internet Connection that should be active. If you don't have a modem then alternative is to directly connect a fiber optic cable to the Ethernet port of the computer.
Following are the Steps to setup the router using Smart Setup Wizard
- Firstly, connect the antennas to the router as they are helpful in achieving the maximum coverage area a router can provide.
- Plug in the router and wait till power LED turns solid green.
- Connect Ethernet cable from your modem to the Internet port of the router.
- Connect to the wireless network. You should have a good signal strength while setting up the router or during the setup process. Otherwise to have proper range during the process bring your wireless computer in the same room where the router is placed. To know about the wireless documents, see at the bottom of the router or you can see it on Quick Start Guide.
- Open a web browser such as Google chrome and type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the browser located at the top of the browser and press enter key.
- Agree with the terms and conditions by putting a tick in the checkbox and click next to continue. To install the updates of the router automatically, tick the checkbox. If you want to do when you want then leave it unchecked and click on next button to continue the setup process.
- Enter the SSID (Network Name) and Password in the respective fields and click on next button to proceed.
- Create a password for your router so that no one will be able to access it without your permission. And then click o next button.
- A message will be displayed that says your is set up. This means that you have successfully setup your router. In case of any query visit our website linksyssmartwifisetup.com. To configure the settings you have to make an account on linksyssmartwifi.com. Click next to finish the setup process.
- If you have an account before then you will have to link it to your new router to configure the settings.
- You have now successfully set up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router using the Smart Setup Wizard.
What you can do after having an account at linksyssmartwifi.com
- You can have control over several websites. This feature is known as parental control feature. You can add several sites that you do not want to be accessed by your children. You just need a web browser, type this IP address 192.168.1.1 and login name and password as admin.
- You can check how much devices are connected to your network.
- You can also check the IP address of each of the devices connected to your network.
- You can add or block mac addresses.
- To provide sufficient bandwidth to the devices connected to your network, you can add devices or mac address.
- You can create the separate WiFi network and passwords for up to 50 guests.
- You can give more speed to the particular device on which you want more speed than others.